Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring break to Kashmir



Although I have traveled quite extensively through India, one area of lasting intrigue that I had not yet reached was Kashmir. Located in the north and sharing a border with Pakistan and China, this area has long been disputed area. Wanting to keep my itinerary simple and relaxing, I chose to focus on the Kashmir Valley region, an area nicknamed “Heaven on Earth.” Still very early in this mountainous region, I knew that spring wouldn’t be in full swing yet, but I was keen to experience whatever natural, human, and artistic beauty this area could offer.

In the next several weeks, I'll be sharing some of my experiences through photos and writing. You can view more of my photos of Kashmir on my Flickr Site http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissaenderle/.

No comments: