Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pahalgam, Kashmir

Rickety Fence, house and beautiful view.jpgRiver down belowRiver and Nari pora VillageHanging on the DoorMattress SellerSmiling Sheep
Little Girl in FarinAbdul the ShopkeeperShaishta.jpgAll Lined Up.jpgMelissa by Kangri.jpgMom Pouring Salt Tea
Girl walking. y Old Gujjar Homeshepherd with goatGujjar house kitchenGujjar woman and childGujjar woman and boysGujjar woman looking forward
Orse and stony LandscapeColorful TasselsRickety Bridge Across RiverWood Building and Bluer SkiesCreek and Beautiful View.jpgMother and Child with Vest

Pahalgam, Kashmir, a set on Flickr.

During my spring break, I traveled to Kashmir. I spent three relaxing days in the mountain resort of Pahalgam. Despite the cold and rain on the first two days, I went out and explored the small village where my hotel was located. Here, I met many wonderful people who were all too eager to invite me into their homes for a cup of Kashmiri tea and to chat. On the third day, the sky was clear blue and sun provided radiating warmth, motivating me to go for a nice long walk to Beetab Valley.
Come see these photos on my Flickr page!

No comments: