Thursday, September 26, 2013

With Great Care

This Jesasang display at Namsangol Village, like the one I saw at the Lee family residence, had the harvest festival food so neatly and carefully arranged. Many of the foods were the same as I had seen at the residence, including the apples, Korean pears, puffed rice cakes, song-pyeon, and tofu. I was particularly intrigued by the way the other sweets next to the apples were arranged - diagonally by color. Such care to attention and the sheer bounty of food really emphasizes the importance of the event and its harvest focus.

The careful stacking of the food reminded me of the common scenes at markets in India, also emphasizing the bounty and increasing the attractiveness of the produce. I wonder how long it took for the market vendor to arrange those carrots....


No comments: