Sunday, February 10, 2013

Myeongjeongjeon, Changgyeonggung Palace

On passing through the Myeongjeonmun Gate, visitors would walk through a courtyard containing the typical pathway (with the elevated middle aisle for the king) to reach the main hall. Originally built in 1484 as a living quarters for the dowager queens, it is smaller than the main halls at Changdeokgung and Gyeongbokgung. Rebuilt in 1616 after the Japanese burned it during the invasion, it is now the oldest main hall of all Seoul's palaces.

No comments: