Friday, December 08, 2017

Down the Path of Yesteryear: Teton Ken and his Burro

My latest artwork, of Teton Ken and his belated Daisy, set against the magnificent Superstition Mountains. If you are in the Apache Junction area of Arizona, be sure to stop at this gem of a museum. Teton Ken will be lecturing about the Lost Dutchman and his mine on January 4, 2018.
Down the Path of Yesteryear: Teton Ken and his Burro. Color pencil ©2017 Melissa Enderle

Them there mountains have been such a big part of my life. How many times have I meandered up the narrow paths of the Superstitions, flanked by jumping cholas, saguaros, and the occasional Palo Verde tree. Daisy has done it so many times that she can navigate nearly by herself–great for feller’s eyes like mine that get cloudier all the time.

In my younger years, I used to do some prospecting up in them thar hills. Them’s years are over, both for me and these rocks. Not as quick as I used to be, I stick to the path. Less of a chance to encounter a rattler or bobcat, but they still are here as well. That’s why I carry this gun. Done for the day, I’m ready to head back into town. A cold beer sounds good right now. And some oats for ol’ Daisy. 

See more of my artworks at www.melissaenderle.com 

No comments: