Saturday, April 29, 2017

Change is in the Air

In the last two weeks, I've visited Olbrich Gardens three times. After a rainy spell these past several days, a slight break (at least for a few hours) enable me to check the local botanical gardens yet again.  Last week's warm weather and blue skies brought out lots of people; today, the overcast skies, brisk wind, and cool temps meant a smaller crowd. A week ago today, the cherry blossoms were singing. Today, few petals remained; Their tune was over. I walked away from the area from the area where I had photographed the cherry blossoms and magnolias last week, searching for new subjects.
The wooden bridge crossing the Starkweather Creek was my spot of choice for today. Here, the redbuds provided a colorful contrast against the overcast sky. 
Next to the bridge, three painted turtles vied for a spot on the grassy section of a log. 

What changes are you observing in your area?

No comments: