Friday, June 11, 2010

In the Skies

Well, with school now officially over, it's time to head for the skies. Tonight, the mass exodus of expats heading out of Chennai and back to their homelands or vacation areas begins. Tomorrow night will be my turn. Looking into the skies over the Theosophical Society as pictured here, perhaps my plane will be spotted...
Upon landing in Wisconsin (many flights later) I know the scene will look very different. No fruit bats, coconut trees, mango trees palms, desert plants, bougainvillea. Plenty of oak trees, apple trees, and all my mom's beautiful flowers.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I really DO read your blog quite regularly, but don't always comment. I have a photo of these two girls, too, and was humbled by their dignity, even though they had so little, and had to rummage through the trash.