Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Looking at the other side of things

I generally perceive the media as being biased and narrow-minded. Nonetheless, I scan the online news. This morning BBC reported about the Karadzic trial but also included a posting about Serbia's mixed feelings about the case. BBC, even during the bombing campaign and sanctions against Serbia was one of the few who actually sought to get input from residents of Belgrade, etc. Journalists who did this found a very different side. I would like to see this continue, as there is more than one side to the story and the public deserves to hear it.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Hi, Melissa! Yes, I've been reading about the trial, too. There are definitely mixed feelings. I read the BBC article, which seems to be pretty watered-down (I wonder if it was somehow 'edited'?) Also I must say that Vasilija Plavsic's remarks about her sister-in-law are pretty naive--'We had coffee together every day, how could she..?' etc. !