Saturday, July 04, 2009

To my sister and others serving our country

This posting is dedicated to my sister Sherri serving in Iraq and all the others who have served our country, both in war and peace time.
As Sherri's Facebook profile states: "Remember… only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom." ~Author unknown

We're proud of you, Sherri.

Also on this photo is my niece, Amanda, daughter of Sherri. She has also joined the Armed Forces.

3 comments:

tombetz said...

I, too, am proud of those who serve the greater good. "Freedom" is not a cliché appearing on bumper stickers. Freedom is not a vapid byword for vague and manipulative rhetoric. Cheapening of the word has obscured the importance of freedom. Freedom is an undeniable right of U.S. citizens. - paid for by blood,sweat and tears. This freedom exists externally and internally in every individual. Americans have the right to act within certain boundaries.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, thank you for saying these wonderful things. I shared this post with my co-workers here and they were as touched as I was. This year, my service has lent itself to have more meaning than ever before. I can honestly say, that nothing makes me prouder than standing besides the men & women from the WI National Guard, of which my beautiful daughter is now a member of. Those that won't make the journey home, you will not be forgotten.
love you

Melissa Enderle said...

Indeed, the service men & women have made a great sacrifice for all of us - both in their personal lives and militarily in order to support the freedoms and rights we often take for granted. Regardless of one's stance in military placements, it is our duty to endow those service people with the respect and honor that they deserve.