Sunday, November 08, 2015

Glow of the Chestnut Leaves

It was a good feeling to have finished with report cards. Stepping outside of school, I saw how beautiful the late afternoon lighting was. So I did what any good photographer would do - dumped my school bag and grabbed my camera. The neighboring campus of Yonsei University did not disappoint. The warm "golden hour" sunlight dappled on some maple leaves near one of the older buildings. As it was on a steep slope, I decided to approach it from the bottom. As I walked on the narrow support wall, I spotted more photographic opportunities.

The chestnut leaves rustled gently in the breeze, strongly illuminated by the low sun. The glowing yellow leaves with a fairy dust of red Japanese maple leaves against the dark bark created a canvas only God could paint.

Even the various warm hues of the chestnut tree made for a great shot. Needless to say, I took a few more photos in this spot, observing the wonderful interplay of light and color.

No comments: