Monday, November 02, 2015

Bongeunsa Temple - Pinks and Oranges

Now in my fourth year living in Seoul, I have had the opportunity to revisit places in different seasons. This weekend I revisited Bongeunsa Temple to see how it had changed since last spring.

The dominant spring hues of pink and white were now replaced by varying oranges, yellows, and not-changed-yet greens. The colors weren't as intense as I'd hoped, but they were still enjoyable to behold. The morning was a cool, but very sunny one, the air incredibly (for Seoul) clear. This made the lighting feel very dynamic and full of contrasts.


Although it was a quick visit this time, I was glad to have come back to view the transformation. Which season do you feel best compliments the temple structures and statues?



No comments: