Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Missin' the Colors

Soon it will be fall. I hear descriptions by my family members in Wisconsin and friends in Serbia about the leaves that are beginning to change colors. Visions of leaves aglow in the Kalemegdan Fortress of Belgrade pass through my mind, reminiscing about the wonderful walks I had in Serbia during the fall. Here in the South Indian city of Chennai, the only thing that really marks a change in season is the growing puddles (or floods) in the roads from the start of the monsoon. The colors of monsoon are drab or downright disgusting; brown mud, tar black puddles just waiting for a large vehicle to splash you while traversing in an open rickshaw. 

How I miss the colors of Serbia...and my dear friends.


1 comment:

Pat said...

We miss you, too! I plan, if it's not raining hard, to walk Bibi in Kalemegdan this afternoon.